Dragon Boat Racing Belfast – Sunday 21st June 2015
The Chinese Welfare Association are hosting the annual Dragon Boat Racing day on Sunday 21st June 2015, from 10.30am to 4pm.
This action-packed event day is open to all spectators and all competitors aged 16 and over.
Venue: Bryson LaganSports, 15 Ravenhill Road, Belfast, BT6 8DN
Each boat takes 17 people, so to book a boat please contact us (at PECA) so we can combine numbers to reach a full team. Cost is £180 per boat, which is £12.00 per person, including a Packed Lunch.
Competitors will need to arrive at 10am and bring a change of clothing. You do not need to be able to swim, bouancy vests will be provided.
To compete in the Polish team, contact PECA: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone or SMS: 07925 761 634
General – all participants
- Must be over 16.
- Must be in good health.
- Should wear light clothing which will dry quickly.
(Denim is not advisable and a change of dry clothing is strongly recommended. Facilities for changing and showering will be available)
- Organisers cannot accept responsibility for the safekeeping of items of clothing or other items of personal belongings.
- All items left in changing facilities are left at own’s risk.
Instructions for the day
Date: Sunday 21st June 2015
Time: 10:30am (teams should arrive by 10am)
Venue: Bryson LaganSports
- Each Team must appoint:
- a team leader
- a team name
- All team leaders should gather your team members by 10 am (conduct a name check)
- Team leaders (ONLY) should report to the CWA stand no later than 10am
- Race time/ Race format/ health and safety briefing/ instructions for the day will be conducted by Bryson LaganSports staff.
- Team members who fail to arrive on time and miss their health and safety induction will not be permitted to participate.
Safety Measure – all participants
- Required to wear the buoyancy aids provided.
- Must comply with the instructions of the organisers and Bryson LaganSports staff.
- Throwing of objects from or at the dragon boats – strictly prohibited.
- Participants are not required to be swimmers but should be water confident.
- Organisers retain the right to refuse the participation of any individual or team on the grounds of safety.
- Participants should not partake of alcohol during racing.